Featured Post

Our Mission Statement

                 "This blog exists to amplify the often unheard voices of its  non-speaking authors, both as individuals and autistics....

Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Summer Reflections by Brynn F.

 


It has been pollinator enchantment in my backyard this summer. What began as an idea and an experiment, caused a flurry of extraordinary winged creatures to enter my life. Bumblebees began the procession along with carpenter bees feasting on borage and sunflowers-their sweet legs full looking like pollen pantaloons. My brother and I built a house to welcome mason bees, though there are no residents yet. Sweat bees, skippers, moths, and the occasional monarch come to visit too. Cosmos, zinnias, blanket flowers, cone flowers, and different types of milkweed are here to greet any permanent residents or late summer visitors. Next year there will be more flowers to welcome local and distant pollinators. A small seed pack changed my backyard into a welcoming local sanctuary and made my heart happy to make a positive environmental impact.


1 comment:

  1. From The Listeners Book Club

    Brielle-So beautiful, Brynn. Like you!
    Aulton-How lovely, it sounds like my dreamland
    Pablo-Think that sounds magical
    Kate-cool. Glad your flowers grew so well
    Thomas-sounds lovely
    Miller-It is so really nice. I loved it and saw it in my mind.
    Nadia-I bee-lieve that was lovely!
    Jack M-Sounds beautiful
    Arth-So terrific! Love your awesome style
    Ruhi-Lovely Brynn
    Jackson-Cannot believe the habitat you created. It sounds beautiful.
    Matthew-Interesting experiment in getting bees.
    Moritz-I love that you not only planted the flowers but also that you cared about the insects

    ReplyDelete