Featured Post

Our Mission Statement

                 "This blog exists to amplify the often unheard voices of its  non-speaking authors, both as individuals and autistics....

Thursday, November 2, 2023

Fun Words Wrong Letters (a pantoum by Pablo Hernandez)

 


Get it. Can't seem to get it. Again I’m feeling

Each try is falling down. I may slip and not get there.

Waking to freedom eagerly, but revealing

my addiction to fun-sun-run words. Aware


each try is falling down. I may slip and not get there.

My hands try to get each letter, breaking

my addiction to car-star-far words. Aware

that my long-buried hope may be waking.


My hands try to get each letter, breaking 

the failed steps to find the letters. Find

that my long-buried hope may be awakening

Force my hand to say the word that is in my mind.


The failed steps to find the letters find

hope inside that makes me always try hard.

Force my hand to say the word that is in my mind.

Get it.  I will get it. Feeling not so confined.


2 comments:

  1. I think this brings me understanding of a struggle to achieve the desired .

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the Listener's Book Club:
    Brielle-Fantastic! Giving me the feelings and emotions of the speller journey
    Thomas-I can relate. So good, Pablo
    Kate-Impressive work, Pablo!
    Devon-I think it was really deep, it had a lot of meaning
    Brynn-I love the journey. I have the same issues myself
    Arth-Real moving and relatable, Pablo. I love it
    Moritz-This is so spot on Pablo! I much feel like this when I am spelling
    Nina-It is profound. I like it and understand it
    Aulton-I think it is absolute mastery of the incredibly complex pantoum. The depth is astounding and I will need some time to re-read. Nice job explaining the work and the challenges in such a gripping, honest way
    Ben-I think ease when I listen
    Miller-I think I am so emotional again in hearing this poem. I seem to feel every word of it. I shared a seat in this class with Pablo. It was amazing and I'm so grateful for his wonderful thoughts being shared through his loving words in this poem. I am grateful that we all have a voice.

    ReplyDelete