Featured Post

Our Mission Statement

                 "This blog exists to amplify the often unheard voices of its  non-speaking authors, both as individuals and autistics....

Sunday, October 6, 2024

Living the Life I Want to Live

 By Pablo Hernandez


      My birthday is coming in November.  Finally, I will be 18. The adult world is almost at my door, and I want to be ready.  I will be getting some money and I want to open an ABLE account. Time to do things I want to do with my own money.
      I finish my high school this year too. This is an accomplishment that I am proud of when I think of all I have learned. Having my high school education was not for me, it seemed, when I was little. Learning was limited to preschool level, and I felt angry and frustrated. My mind is understanding life with more learning. 
      It hurts me to think I can't go to college,  but it is not going to be for me right now. Hungry to learn, I must get my learning food in other ways. My mom can help me work on college classes that are online and I can read about anything I want to know.
      What will life have to show me? I want to see my work help non-speakers in some way. I'll make this my new goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment