Featured Post

Our Mission Statement

                 "This blog exists to amplify the often unheard voices of its  non-speaking authors, both as individuals and autistics....

Friday, May 21, 2021

Trust Me

TRUST ME

By Aulton Grubbs

Trust me: time is sliding away.


My voice needs to ring out to legions.


Trust me: I make palaces in my winning mind.


I also solve mathematic equations in my head.


Trust me: I develop strong values on my own.


Some world happenings I could fix.


Trust me: I understand the stock market.


I also mean to contribute to the economy.


I want to teach environmental science.


Trust me: I love my family.


My relationships forge a bond most precious.


Trust me: I am more than you know.


You don’t listen to me.


You don’t have faith in me.


I’m so tired of the bullshit.


Please don’t mock me.


Please respect me. 


Please defend me.


Please knock on my door and get to know me.


I want to inspire change. 


I want equality.


I want to be happy.


Give me a chance.


My thoughts really shine.


Don’t be blind.


Look at my mind.


You live in fear of me but I am kind.


I am smart


And I forgive.


Take voices soundly.


All voices.


Especially mine.





3 comments:

  1. Thanks Alton - our whole family enjoyed listening to your poetry tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aulton, You have a powerful voice and message. Thanks for sharing it with the world! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aulton, you will forever be one of my favorite authors. I love your tenacity and willingness to blaze a trail for others. Your bold, brave words will change the world. Keep them coming!! Most Gratefully, Tobi Stewart

    ReplyDelete