Featured Post

Our Mission Statement

                 "This blog exists to amplify the often unheard voices of its  non-speaking authors, both as individuals and autistics....

Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Pointing by J Haynes

 Pointing

by J Haynes


A simple body gesture that has such a complex meaning. Having no, or little body control, it can be difficult at times to point, going circles in my mind. But making a definite choice to always keep charging towards more communication is what I must continually push myself to do. 

I will always be in a constant battle with my body, that much I have accepted. And that is one of the reasons why pointing is so complex. It involves so much more for me and many others. 

The act of selecting the intended letter is the end goal, but getting there isn’t easy. I must think about what I want to say all while working intensively to keep my entire body in order. All this for just one letter. 

Just one letter, yet it holds so much power. Pointing, one letter at a time, spelling, has forever changed my life and opened up a whole word of possibilities. 

Pointing. Pointing takes persistence. Pointing gives me power. With this seemingly simple gesture, the possibilities are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment