Featured Post

Our Mission Statement

                 "This blog exists to amplify the often unheard voices of its  non-speaking authors, both as individuals and autistics....

Friday, June 25, 2021

Shine Through the Clouds by Miller Laffoon

 “I choose to be happy, despite my struggles and I choose it every day.”  Miller

Shine Through the Clouds by Miller Laffoon

Life gives me two distinct choices,

From them both I must decide.

Will I crash like the waves listening to negative voices,

Crash like the waves hearing the world’s deafening noises,

Or will I sail into the horizon and thrive?


It is simple to stay docked with the comfort of the shore,

It is harder to choose to sail with the wind,

The sea is intimidating, while standing stagnant is a bore.

Life is a series of opened and closed doors,

Dwelling is my enemy, gratefulness is my friend.


Each morning I rise, and to myself I must say,

“Which voyage will I embark on when I wake?

Will I sit with my troubles and lose my way

Or hoist my sails and seize the day?”

It is a choice only I can make.


I will cry out with my head held proud.

The choice to sail is the choice I will choose.

I might seem silent, but my words ring loud,

Like the sun, I will shine through the clouds,

In the choice to be happy, one cannot lose.

2 comments:

  1. “Which voyage
    will I embark on when I wake?
    Will I sit with
    my troubles and lose my way
    Or hoist my sails
    and seize the day?”
    Miller, these words will stay with me always. Thank you for your positivity and your advocacy for other non-speakers. Your gift of music club has brought so much joy and conversation to our family. Most Gratefully, Tobi Stewart

    ReplyDelete