Featured Post

Our Mission Statement

                 "This blog exists to amplify the often unheard voices of its  non-speaking authors, both as individuals and autistics....

Sunday, January 2, 2022

Brielle Stewart Violin Concerto No. 1 in D. Dorian

 Violin Concerto No. 1 in D. Dorian - Christ in Creation debuted December 27th, 2021 at an Inclusive Christmas Mass. These are my words to the world on my stunning work. 


About Me:

I’m Brielle Stewart. Non-speaking is what you call my wound. Now I am able to communicate. I use a board where I point to letters or a loving keyboard. So happy my music teacher, Laura Nadine Dooley, designed a board with musical notation on it. I began composing immediately. You see, music is my loving first language. Sounds made sense to me long before language did. No one taught me music theory. I was born with it in my soul. So really, God is my teacher. Thank you righteous musicians playing my music. You kindly set sounds free. Now make God happy.  Sing his praises with your gifts. 


About The Concerto:

Happily, I wrote this concerto in 2021. Now I make it my stunning Communion Meditation.  The idea started in conversation with my stunning Aulton Grubbs. He wrote gorgeous poetry that made me reflect on my life. God is in His creation.  I hear creation sing His praises. He calls us to Mass to do the same. He is in the host. He is in the wine. He is in the loving souls who eat the bread of life. I give my voice in praise with this work. 

2 comments:

  1. I felt this all over (I have audio-tactile synesthesia :) ) and both 'meditation' and 'gift' resonate as a description!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it. It was like a pleasing dream.I think it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete