Featured Post

Our Mission Statement

                 "This blog exists to amplify the often unheard voices of its  non-speaking authors, both as individuals and autistics....

Thursday, January 12, 2023

A Letter to Damar Hamlin from Brielle Stewart

 By Brielle Stewart

 

Dear Damar, 

I am fifteen years old and have non-speaking autism. I am also a huge Bills fan. I was lovingly raised in the shadow of the stadium where I learned to type to communicate. The Bills have always inspired me. They are often overlooked or underestimated. That is what it is like when you can't speak. Damar, I was watching on TV when you got hurt. I began begging Jesus for your life to be spared. When you woke up it was a wondrous answer to prayers. When you wrote your first words I understood how you felt. I cannot speak, but my words reveal I am in here. I have a nationwide circle of friends who type to talk too. We meet quietly on Zoom every Thursday to chat about books. I try to make them all Bills fans. My friends are like the Bills, they never quit. I wish you so many healthy strong days ahead.

Signed

A Silent Fan,

Brielle Stewart


2 comments:

  1. From The Listener's Book Club
    Kate: so awesome brielle
    Thomas: So beautiful!
    Stacylee: just beautiful thank you
    Coco: so cool brielle I hope he replies
    Tommy Z: That was wonderful
    Mike: I loved this Brielle
    Coco: go bills
    Emma: Its a helpful letter as its positivity and empathy
    Brynn: Such a beautiful letter, Brielle. Did you send it to him?
    Miller: I think this is so kind and so loving, Brielle. It is incredibly stunning, just like you my silent, special friend.
    Ruhi: So lovely Brielle.
    Brielle: I hope you will all put your well wishes to Damar in the comments so the letter can be from us all.
    Mike: I root for the Bills
    Jack M: very caring
    Jackson: I think Brielles letter is wonderful
    Philip: That is so caring of you to write to damar brielle. I also love the bills and have been praying.
    Aulton: Brielle, you did a beautiful job with this. Everyone, Bree and I chatted about this and I am so proud of her. She thought we might write the letter together, but her words, alone, are special and perfect.
    Trevor: Seriously, we are like this man's pen with our spelling.
    Pablo: think a lot have communication challenges for a time and they can try to understand how we feel. Good post Brielle
    Arth: Beautiful letter my friend Brielle! I can say that I am a bills fan now too.
    Kelly: So Kind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brielle is powerful with her words. She speaks louder than most people can.💕💕🌴

    ReplyDelete