Featured Post

Our Mission Statement

                 "This blog exists to amplify the often unheard voices of its  non-speaking authors, both as individuals and autistics....

Sunday, July 25, 2021

Ryan Shank-Rowe

 A lot of people could spend a day in my body, like the movie "Freaky Friday."


I wish you could experience the total of my senses in my world.


It is sometimes not easy to describe - it is beautiful and chaotic at the same time.


Before RPM (Rapid Prompting Method) I couldn't use speech or other means of communicating.


RPM is the way my senses needed to be taught and I'm thankful to Soma for understanding my autistic mind.


I am an autistic man who lives in Centreville, Virginia.


I have a wonderful family and great support system.


I wish that every autistic child could grow up in a system that embraced the acceptance I have.


I'm looking forward to my future and learning new ways to be more independent.


That doesn't mean I won't need help sometimes from others. 


Helping me usually gives others a new perspective and a very deep appreciation that we are ALL actually INTERDEPENDENT.




1 comment:

  1. You said that so well. I think you will do great things! There are only limits in our mind, we can do anything !

    ReplyDelete